this is the best trouble shooting guide if your Hampton Bay ceiling fan has stopped working and it is making you quite exhaustive in summer days. We will show you exactly how to repair it by saving your precious time,and money. This guide includes the ceiling fan problems. it fixes them in no time.
Due to numerous reasons a fan can stop working. if your ceiling stops working we will show how to cater this issue. one of the reason may be it is not receiving electrical power. Later we will discuss the other types of ceiling fan problems, such as humming, wobbling, and failure to rotate properly.
Common Ceiling Fan Problems
Click on a link below to determine the cause of a ceiling fan problem and how to fix it:
- Ceiling Fan is Not Working
- Ceiling Fan is Wobbling
- Ceiling Fan is Noisy
- Ceiling Fan Speeds are Not Working
- Fan Light Kit is Not Working
- Ceiling Fan is Not Reversing
- Ceiling Fan is Turning On/Off
- Ceiling Fan has Airflow Issues
Ceiling Fan Is Not Working
In case your ceiling fan is not starting, follow these steps to find out the cause of problem:
- First of all make confirmation that circuit breakers are on. If the breaker is tripped, reset it. in case fuses are damaged change it with new one.
- Turn off the power of breaker.
- Check every connection is properly attached and secured by nuts .
- assure the blades of fan move freely. make confirmation by pulling chain that is on.
- The reverse switch should not be in neutral position.To lock into its position move the switch many times.
- check the plug connections in housing switch are tight and the color coded cables are lined properly.
- If you are having some electrical knowledge well n good then check the power of switch wall. if not. It is better to call an electrician to find out the problem and resolve it.
- while using remote control, first of all check batteries are fixed properly. not dead. the dip switches and receiver of remote control should be set on same frequency.
- If you’re having wall control, check power of breaker by your remote control and try if fan is working manually.
- Fan should not be kept in wet place .its out let box should be UL rated. always keep in mind the fans made for wet places are installed inside while dry ones are installed outside.
- Bought a new fan then follow the above mentioned instructions.facing problem and not getting solution .make contact with your fan manufacturing company tell them about the issue being faced by you with fan.majority of ceiling fan companies offer limited or life time warranty.
- For indoor purpose always buy indoor unit and for out door purpose purchase out door unit.indoor units cannot be used for outdoor purposes.
Ceiling Fan Is Wobbling
There are may be several factors due to your fan can shake,or wobble. the reasons of wobbling can be,screws are not tight,dust on blades.or blades are bending.Follow the below mentioned steps.
1.If the fan blades are dusty clean them properly.
2.if you have found that the screws of blades,light kit and motor are loose tighten them.
3. Be sure the hanger ball of mounting bracket is properly fit in the ceiling.
4.Confirm out let box of fan is made to bear the weight of fan.
5.To avoid from any damage of ceiling due to wobbling make sure outlet box is properly attached through support rod with ceiling.
Ceiling Fan is Noisy
Normally ceiling fans works smoothly.there are very rare chances it makes any noise.majority of people remain satisfied with its working.any how in some cases if you find a noise coming out of it, can be a matter of concern.
- once installing a fan wait for a period of 24 hours to get adjusted.
- Make sure there are no loose screws in glass ware of a fan with light kit.
- The light bulbs in socket needs to be fixed in proper manner.
- Wall control should always be used of good quality so that it don’t malfunction.in resulting random speed of fan.
- If your Hampton Bay ceiling fan has an oil bath, check the oil’s level and replenish it as needed.
- Make confirmation every pin is fixed properly at its place.the screws of blades,housing switch and rod are fully tight.
- There is a possibility of over lapped wire connections in housing switch.or nuts of wires not fell.
- The canopy of fan should not touch roof ceiling while the fan is in operational condition.
- Normally blades of a ceiling fan function smoothly its very rare cracks get emerge in them.In such case find out proper blades that are compatible with your Hampton Bay ceiling fan.
Ceiling Fan Speeds Are Not Working
If your Hampton Bay ceiling fan is not working at its full speed.Check the settings of your Hampton Bay ceiling fan it might not be working in proper manner. To find out the causes of the fault.there can be below mentioned reasons.
- the first step is to do the cleaning of ball bearings later lubricate them with oil.
- The 2nd thing to do is check the capacitor of fan.if its faulty not providing proper voltage change it with Hampton Bay ceiling fan compatible capacitor.
- If you feel your Hampton Bay ceiling fan motor is getting over heated while running.Immediately turn off fan and let the blades to become stationary.
- In 3rd step if you have found that your Hampton Bay ceiling fan ball bearings are shot.in this case immediately change motor by establishing contact with company. before contacting company check your warranty card what is offered in it.you are offered a limited or life time warranty.
Fan Light Kit Not Working
In case your Hampton Bay ceiling fan light kit is not functioning.Following guide lines are given.
- In first step check your electric socket nothing wrong with it. later tighten light bulb in it properly. If you have found the bulb is in fused state.By turning off the power change it.then turn on the power to use in normal way.
- Next step to do is always be careful while tightening the bulb into socket. over tightening can cause damage inside socket.in result there will be no power for bulb to light it.for this purpose use screw driver to pull out tab while turning off power.
- A short circuit in wiring can burn the sockets of bulb. In this case first of all check your wiring if there is short circuit.there is need to repair it.
- Hampton Bay ceiling fan Light bulbs are made up of particular watt limits.they consist of a device that controls watt limit of fan.it do not let the watts to increase.we will recommend you to keep the watt limit to avoid any kind of damage.
- While installing the Hampton Bay ceiling fan always keep in mind blue wire is used to control light next next step needs to be checked is wiring inside housing switch and in canopy are installed properly with nuts.
- Normally in Hampton Bay ceiling fans both remote or wall control is used for light kit to operate.for this purpose you need to set exact frequency both for receiver and control.
Ceiling Fan Is Not Reversing
Winter season has come in and your Hampton Bay ceiling fan is not reversing.The functioning of blades is in its usual position.To find out the reasons follow below given options.
- 1st step you need to do is with your Hampton Bay reverse switch to check its position.either its neutral or not.if its not in its actual position.then to fix it in its proper place move the switch again and again so that it gets fixed at its place.
- With older models of Hampton Bay ceiling fans the reverse switch may get retarded.In this scenario we will advise you change the switch with new one.To avoid from further loss.
- Remote controls and wall controls are used to reverse the fans.please check their frequency is set at same rate.
.Ceiling Fan/Light Turning On and Off
One common problem that can occur while your Hampton Bay ceiling fan is working normally,during which you need not to worry is fan light kit is itself turning on and off. Follow these directions to find out the reasons:
- First of all check your circuit breaker is working properly.
- The wire nuts are connected properly with each other and have not become deteriorated.
- The settings of remote and wall controls are on by default factory settings.
Ceiling Fan Has Airflow Issues
If your Hampton Bay ceiling fan is not throwing air properly, the reasons can be following.
- First step to do is check your fan is moving towards right direction.
- While hanging your Hampton Bay ceiling fan it should hanged at a difference of 7 to 8 feet high above from the level of floor.for this purpose use at least 9 feet long rod. so that air reaches to ground easily. A fan which is fixed very to ceiling gives poor air flow.